2 Tbs pine nuts
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Tbs minced garlic
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 lemon, zested
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup ricotta
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste
- Slice off the bulbous end of the butternut squash to remove the seeds and set aside for another use. Peel the remaining portion and slice off the top so you have 2 flat ends. Spiralize into noodles (note: if you don't have a spiralizer, just slice the butternut into thin "fries").
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and toast for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Saute for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the butternut squash and gently toss to coat in the garlic and olive oil. Add a splash of water to the skillet and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until noodles are softened a bit.
- Remove lid, add the sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest, lemon juice, and spinach to the skillet. Toss to combine and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer noodles to a serving bwol. Dollop the ricotta on top. Garnish with the toasted pine nuts and grated patmesam cheese.
Running to the Kitchen