Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Roasted Cabbage - So Yummy!

Cabbage always seems to last forever doesn't it? This recipe is so yummy though that I buy cabbage simply to roast it now - and I won't have any leftovers to use up. Yes, it is that good (I ate half a cabbage on my own the first time I tried it).

Ingredients:
1/2 cabbage
Lemon juice and/or vinaigrette salad dressing of choice
Oil

The cabbage may try to fall apart
when you put it on the baking sheet.
Just squish it back together :) 
Grease a baking sheet. Cut the cabbage into wedges (not too thick 'cause then the small pieces will burn while you wait for the thick parts to cook). Arrange cabbage on baking sheet. Drizzle with lemon juice or your favorite vinegar-based salad dressing (Italian is my favorite but Balsamic was good too). Put in the oven. Turn the oven on to broil (400 degrees). After 8-10 minutes check to see how it's doing. Once the edges are starting to brown, switch to regular baking (still at 400 though) for 10-12 minutes. Remove and enjoy! (You could probably do all 20 minutes regularly with a convection oven, but I don't have one of those). Depending on how you cut the cabbage, you will have at least 6-9 wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment