Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Grilled Zucchini

I am not usually a zucchini fan (it's more the texture than the taste), but I really enjoyed these last night. Definitely going to be repeating this in the future.

If you like exact recipes with specific measurements, stop reading. I look at recipes to get ideas during the day and then adjust when I get home based on what I want and what I think looks good or is 'enough.' So go with the flow on this one :)

I used one very large zucchini sliced width-wise (make circles) and one medium sized zucchini sliced lengthwise into quarters, 2 lemons (zest and juice), a bit of salt (up to 1 tsp; I used about 1/4 tsp), a dash of oil, and, because I have a sweet tooth, about a Tbs. of honey. If you like other spices - garlic, pepper, etc - go ahead and add them too. Combine all the ingredients. If you planned ahead, marinate for up to 30 minutes. If you are already hungry when you start cooking, like me, then just throw them on the grill at medium heat. Baste and turn every so often until they are your desired doneness - around 20-25 minutes. And enjoy!

Obviously you can use smaller zucchinis; all that matters is having enough for everyone.

I paired my zucchini with one of Henretty's House Burgers (ground beef, top round, and brisket). It was so good that I ate it plain - no bun, no ketchup, no nothing - while I waited for the zucchini to finish cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment